Basics for Brewing 1 Gallon:
– Make sure brewing area, jar, pot, hands and utensils are clean and free of soap residue
– Boil 1/4 gallon of fresh, filtered water
– Steep six tea bags (12 grams) in hot water for 20 mins. DO NOT do this step in the fermentation jar – this step should be performed in a vessel that can withstand high temperatures, i.e. the pot used to boil the water.
– The tea you use should be simple and unflavored – Earl Grey and other flavored teas are NOT recommended as they contain volatile oils that may affect your brew. Stick with basic teas for primary fermentation, and flavor when you bottle
– Only add culture and starter once your tea has cooled to 115 degrees or less
View full brewing instructions here: http://tinyurl.com/nrwgmnv